Monday 5 March 2007

Differences of Opinion

I used the term Shore and Bay whalers earlier as being the same. Don Grady has written several books on Whaling in New Zealand. In his book (Sealers and Whalers in NZ waters) Bay Whalers are simply Ocean Whalers who anchored in the path of migrating Whales and intercepted them as they passed by - Kapiti island is one place he suggests this happened. Shore Based Whalers are obviously different as we are about to find out.

In terms of reading. I am away today (Tuesday) as my daughter has croup and will need a couple of days to recover. I'll be back on Wednesday. In the meantime continue to read the handout on Shore Based whaling.

If you have finished the questions on page 16, complete the questions on page 18 and read through to the end of page 21.
If you don't already have one go to the library and get a copy of Michael Kings "Penguin History of New Zealand". Its an easy read and a good introduction to the topics we will cover.

1 comment:

  1. I am on the blog Mr Hollis.
    Thanks for stabbing/saving me.
    I can't work out how to make a link but I have addisons disease and if you have no idea what that is then go to http://www.geocities.com/addisons_disease_website/main.html or bug me until I explain

    ReplyDelete